Wednesday, January 14, 2009

People I am going to miss while Im in Australia (probably part 1 of several)


This is Ben and Sarah












Ben and Sarah have been my friends for a LONG time (actually, ten years this year which is INSANE!!!) and they really are the best kind of friends you could have. Last night I had a HORRIBLE night, one of those that makes you feel like you can't breathe and you dont know what to do...so I rang Sarah who's immediate response was "Of course you can come round, come right now, stay if you want to...do you need food?" and who's less immediate but equally wonderful response was to buy me chocolate biscuits and Percy Pigs for when I was at their house. They're the kind of friends you can count on AND this year I get to be a bridesmaid at their wedding which is SOOOOO exciting and a huge priviledge.
Here are 10 interesting facts about my friendship with Ben and Sarah
1) When I first met them they were not together, which seems hard to believe now as it seems they have always been together and I know few couples more perfect for each other.
2)At this time when I met them, Ben was a boy racer with a little metro and used to work VERY hard at keeping my Dad happy by making sure I got home in time for curfew (on many occasions leaving Banstead with only minutes to spare and still getting me home)
3)Ben was also my YP band leader and endured much moaning from me...well...most of the time...I was going to say just during my orthodontic stage, but it wasn't at all, it was all the time.
4) Sarah and I have, together, been known to frequent the pizza hut buffet, and to this day the taste of bacon bits and blue cheese sauce makes me think of Sarah.
5) Ben and Sarah (and Carl) and I once had one of the funniest journeys of my life which started with a floor cleaner exploding in a service station and ended with us all talking with all our letters mixed up, I dont rember why, and singing weird versions of "Um bongo, Um bongo, they drink it in the congo..."
6) Sarah's birthday is just 3 days after mine, and so since I was 15 and she was 17 we have made some kind of joint birthday effort even if just phone calls and things. The first year we had a joint party which ended with a game of spin the bottle because I knew Ben liked Sarah and suspected Sarah liked Ben and I was determined to be involved in the conception of their relationship (I was not involved, they left it a few more weeks before getting together!! But I was still the first person Ben told...apart from Sarah...that they were together, yay!)
7) When I moved to Leeds, Ben and Sarah were some of the only people who properly kept in touch and came to stay in the scary Harehills house (haha I've just remembered the night they came to stay we were in the process of kicking out our druggy housemate and his grasshoppers and they were very patient (Ben and sarah not the grasshoppers)!!) That meant alot to me
8) We went to Blackpool together, and played crazy golf, and met strange northern people....that was fun!
9) On the hardest day of my whole life (seriously) Ben and Sarah invited me round to their house and we made truffles and fudge...it was awesome
10)Since then, I have been to Ben and Sarah's house most weeks and had AWESOME food as Sarah is the best cook I know, seriously, GOOD food. AND Ben likes cheese nearly as much as I do, so we always have cheese.
Im sure I've forgotten some important stories, like ones of Ben running topless across Banstead High Street in games of dares, or...I dont know lots of stories, but I am REALLY going to miss Ben and Sarah (and now I know Ben reads this, he's got a mention, YAY!!!)

3 comments:

MrBen said...

Aren't you a sweetie, we'll miss you too! Not sure how we are going to keep the loo seat warm without your constant visits...

BeccaBoB said...

oh haha you are HILARIOUS!!!

I would like to point out to any readers that my problem is Ben constantly plying me with Apple and Mango squash!!!

BeccaBoB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.