Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Get Fair

During the time I've been working at THQ, I've done some research into the "Get Fair" campaign.

This week, the Salvation Army became a consortium member of the Get Fair campaign.

During the time I was looking at this stuff, I was really moved and challenged by the statistics about poverty, and specifically about child poverty. I have begun to ask some big questions about what I can do to make a difference. Im glad that the Salvation Army has signed up to this, but am challenged to do more as an individual. When 30% of children are living in Poverty, then as a christian, and a human being, I have to feel called to do something. During my time at Alove, I was constantly challenged about God's heart for the poor and what my response to that is, now more than ever, I feel that God is creating in me a heart for the poor, and Im continuing to follow his direction for how that will manifest itself in my choices, my future, my lifestyle.

Check out www.getfair.org.uk and watch this space

No comments: